Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Adolfo - Post 1


The first day in New York. Well, actually I've been here before. Last time, in May 2010, I slept two nights across the Hudson river in North Bergen because, you know, NYC is a really expensive city.
This time I am more fortunate. I'm going to live in the Big Apple for six weeks. I confess that it has always my dream but I've never imagined that it would become reality. Our dormitory is well located uptown, so I did not hesitate to walk these streets no matter how tired I was because the trip.
The "tourist-trap" times square can be easily compared to the Vegas strip for their huge and bright advertisement signs. I couldn't help myself from walking into the very heart of Manhattan.
Like myself, hundreds of silly (no real offense here) tourists strolling around seem to be mesmerized, hypnotized. That reminded me Natalie Merchant's 1996 song "Carnival". However, it is still worth to mention that the place is one of those you are never tired of coming back - at least to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment