Sunday, February 16, 2014

Post 5 - Aguiar

      I am going to describe a Cultural Experience I had:

   On February 8th, I went to the biggest and the best museum in the city, The Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET), the permanent collection is huge and has everything from paintings and sculptures in every era and genre, as well as a lot of ancient artifacts from great civilizations all over the world. The MET  has everything you could ask for...especially if you're seeking culture in NYC.

     I loved the Greek and Roman gallery. Another section I like to visit is the temple of Dendur -an entire temple brought over here from Egypt and assembled within the museum. I also liked the examples of cuneiform in the Ancient Mesopotamia wing.

    The gift shops throughout are nice. The cafeteria has a good selection of food and beverages. I would recommend staying here for at least half a day if you are in New York for a brief visit.


      I  enjoyed  this experience. It was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment