Sunday, February 9, 2014

Rosely Leite- Post 4 - NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE AMERICAN INDIAN


National Museum of the American Indian-February 2014

I would like to start my post by this quote “I seek the power of the rock, the magic of the water, the religion of the tree, the color of the wind, and the enigma of the horizon.” – George Morrison wrote in 1987. I loved it! It was written beside one of Morrison’s painting. I was deeply touched by these words which George Morrison used to describe his painting. Actually, his exhibition Modern Spirit: The Art of George Morrison, includes paintings, sculptures, drawings, and prints. They are amazing!!! This exhibition shows a little of the artist’s spiritual thoughts and the mysteries of the Earth and its elements. I REALLY LOVED MORRISON’S ART.
The Museum itself is fantastic, too. Its exterior and interior architecture is huge and wonderful. It is considered one of the greatest New York City landmarks. Hundreds of people from all over the world visit the National Museum every year. If you want to know more about his history go to http://nmai.si.edu/visit/newyork/architecture-history. You will read a lot of interesting facts about it. 


The exhibitions about the American Indians are wonderful as well. The visitor make a journey through their history and know more about their costumes, traditions, beliefs and how they live and their origins. In one of the exhibition INFINITY OF NATIONS, you will know a little about the Indians from the North, South and Central America.  A great historical collection of objects collected, in fact, I don’t know how they could get such a huge collections of precious Indians objects. I took some pictures of them to show in my post and to keep in my memory and on my own this amazing and unforgettable visit!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment