Sunday, February 16, 2014

Post 6 - Sousa, Leonario Antonio.

Something more to learn about the American Public School System 



As a teacher I had imagined constantly how the American public school system was when I was teaching and feeling the difficulties from the Brazilian public schools. Last Friday  I obtained the opportunity to visit the Washington Irving High School (Thanks PDPI-Program for that!) and I observed the different classes from  History, Health, Math and Health disciplines for  fifteen minutes each one of them. First of all the security I considered the best one and the classrooms contain technologic support. Other outstanding point is the number of the students inside the classroom it consists no more than 26 ones and they are often sitting group of two. The process of teaching and learning is based on explanation, participation or interaction and activities fixation. After all I could realize the main school mission is to teach and the respect is the basis of the human development. All in all I hope better days in Public System Education of my country, in this case, Brazil. 

1 comment:

  1. I visited also this school and what caught my attention was the structure available to students like rooms with many technological features, all rooms visited possessed data show, a large auditorium, cafeteria, and so on. But, an interesting thing I noticed: there, the students move from room and not teachers, as in our country. Surely I will take lots of ideas for Brazil.

    ReplyDelete