Thursday, February 20, 2014

POST 7 - Rosely Leite - VOLUNTEERING

Hello everybody!!!
Nice to be here again in this blog sharing the experiences we have had in New York City. I would like to thank all the PDPI staff which organized schedule program.The last one I participate was the volunteering work in Staten Island, in  City Harvest's Mobile Market, which distribute thousands of pounds of fresh food for hunger people in New York City.
There are millions of people in the USA who face hunger every year. City Harvest`s Mobile Market  collect food from  restaurants in New York City, receive donations from farmers, wholesalers, greenmarkets as well. Then they select the food and distribute to the community food programs in the city.
I am so proud of myself to make part of this great cause to help people. I could donate my time to those ones who sometimes don`t have a bread to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment