Saturday, February 8, 2014

Freitas - Post 4

Hi, guys!

In the week is ending, many good things happened, among them, carrying one more wish: to watch a Broadway show! I had the pleasure of living the thrills of The Phantom of the Opera, a classic of French literature who became known around the world for the big screen. The synopsis says the far beneath the majesty and splendor of the Paris Opera House, hides the Phantom in a shadowy existence. Shamed by his physical appearance and feared by all, the love he holds for his beautiful protégée Christine Daaé is so strong que even her heart can not resist. I confess that I got very emotional during the presentation.

Another excellent experience it was the visit to the National Museum of the American Indian. I saw two interesting exhibitions: "Infinity of Nations", that talked about art and history in the Collections of the National Museum of the American Indians, and "Modern Spirit", about the art of George Morrison, that included drawings, paintings, prints, and sculputure of this important 20th-century artist. However, I wish to register my dissatisfaction with the limited time of access and the lack of a guide to give more information about the exhibits.


See you later.
Hugs.


1 comment:

  1. I loved to meet you and it has been a pleasure doing this course with you in this fascinating city.

    ReplyDelete