Thursday, February 13, 2014

Adolfo - Post 4

The exquisite architectural style of the Guggenheim Museum is strikingly impressive. It curvy lines effectively give us a sense of modernity and futurism. I'm no expert to discuss on such subject, but I am able to talk about I like and dislike. After the first impression, I realized the space was not so functional as it may appear. Actually it is quite a small building for an art museum and I believe, as many critics, that it isn't a hospitable place for classic art. Reportedly, it was designed in a way that the viewer should first take one of the elevators and then descend the spiral platform admiring the building and incidentally the great painting it houses.
On the way down you also might be intrigued by modern expositions which hopefully will draw and retain your attention. Frankly, the exposition I found my way down was not interesting. Again, as someone has said, I may not be an expert, but I know what I like. All in all, the visit was worth. However, with dozen of excellent museums in the city I would hardly come back to visit the Guggenheim.





No comments:

Post a Comment